Thursday, September 14, 2006

Live From Our Nation's Capitol

Oh, God. Here I am in Dupont Circle, typing out a blog. God!! Should I talk about the Metro?? Or maybe about those douchebags up in Georgetown??

My flight was long; I couldn't find a way to distract myself that didn't hurt my eyes. My eyes want to unfocus, and they don't get their wish during my waking hours. I believe this means I need eyeglasses. It's bad news.

As you may recall, I look ridiculous when I wear glasses. This is partially due my nose, with is not located in the center of my face. That's great if you want to be Picasso's sitting model (a refined joke! I do belong here after all!), but not so great if you want to balance a pair of specs on the ol' girl.

V's apartment is fun. I just watched "Kicking and Screaming" (the Noah Baumbach film, not the Will Ferrell vehicle) on her HD LCD TV. The verdict: don't bother. As a big Wes Anderson guy, and as someone who really enjoyed "The Squid and the Whale", I thought I would be all over it, but it turns out it's just garbage.

What else? I drank some of her water... and it came out of a chilled, filtered pitcher! Now THIS is living! How can I go back to Kansas and drink that creek runoff now? It'll be like drinking from a toilet! (Bathroom humor? Oh, no! I've regressed to my backwoods slang!)

Happy hour tomorrow, along with museums and such. Laters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your nose is lovely. Quit knockin' it or I'll come over there and straighten your face.