Monday, October 02, 2006

Mostly Sunny

I planted wheat this weekend. On Saturday, the sun went behind the clouds once. On Sunday, the sun went behind the clouds three times. The total length of time during which my part of the earth was shaded was approximately three minutes.

Nathan has postulated that my time farming contributed to my knowledge of music, and he's probably right. Even when there is no radio involved, a lot of songs come into and out of one's head while you slowly drive around a field in circles. The most annoying song in my head this weekend came Sunday, in the form of "Kickstart My Heart". The first time Vince Neil goes through his "I'd say we've kicked some ass," rant, it's funny, and maybe even a little charming. But a dozen cycles later, "And to think we did all of this to ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCKKKK!" just sounds pathetic.

No comments: