Sunday, March 18, 2007

Basic Cable Instinct

Shawn and I took some time out (timeout! Get it?) from the NCAA tournament this afternoon to view other programming. When you've got the chance to watch a TBS airing of "Four Weddings and a Funeral" with Shawn, you've got to do it, basketball games be damned. That man really knows how to mock Andie MacDowell.




We also flipped over to the Travel Channel. Samantha Brown gave us a tour of Barcelona, Florence, and Venice, and we gave her our hearts. She's the best.





It inspired me to write about my favorite, underappreciated cable TV ladies. Samantha was #2 on my list, second only to the hairstylist on TLC's "Ten Years Younger". I never watch that show in its entirety, but I've become skilled at switching over as the subject is getting her hair cut by Jenn MacDonald, the sexy stylist with bright red hair.

When I went online to find a photo of the lovely Jenn, I found out she was a lesbian. Not only did that fact bump Samantha up to #1 on my list, it took the wind out of my sails, resulting in this shitty blog post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think giada de laurentiis from the food network takes the cake or does she take the canoli?

pat

Lindsey said...

OMG, I'm going to do an interview with Samantha Brown for my magazine. I'll introduce you . . . I think she's single.

dn said...

Lindsey, you rule.

Pat - there is definitely some talent at the Food Network. My main problem with Giada is her "crazy eyes", which actually pale in comparison to the crazy eyes on that Sandra Dee semi-homemade broad.