Monday, March 12, 2007

The Dark Side Of "Neon Bible"

I was enjoying the new Arcade Fire album as I drove to the museum last week. I continued to enjoy it after parking in the surprisingly small underground garage -- track 2, "Keep the Car Running", was in my head as I unfavorably judged those damned Dutch artists.

"Keep the Car Running" was bugging me. I thought it sounded like a song I'd heard before, but I couldn't figure out what that song was. My mind connected the dots that afternoon. I knew what the old, similar song was, but I hoped my brain had made an error. I didn't want the older song to ruin one of Neon Bible's better songs.

I consulted the internet to see if anyone shared my concern, but I couldn't find a sympathetic soul. I emailed my panel of expert friends, but they didn't find the connection that I did. Finally, after asking Google again, the internet showed the way.

An Onion AV Club commenter felt my pain, as did a few bloggers. Taking a cue from a like-minded thinker, I present to you two YouTube videos: Arcade Fire, and Eddie & the Cruisers...



1 comment:

casey elizabeth said...

hilarious and awful...awful that you even know that song. oh, and way to go on the puntastic title tie-in. you are just sooooo cleevvverrrr!