Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Eyes! The Goggles Do Nothing!

So I glance at the magazine rack and I see...
I mean...

It's...

I mean...

How am I supposed to take this? Because I'll tell you how I'm taking it -- I'm against it. Music aside, what the fuck, dudes? This is your cover? This is the cover? Whose idea was this? I... I think I need to know if this was Rolling Stone's idea, or if this was Fall Out Boy's idea. No, wait. No. I don't want to know. Well, maybe. I might. I think... yeah, I'd like to know.

Because if it's Rolling Stone's idea, it's their worst since they assigned that teenager to write that Stillwater thinkpiece.

And if it's Fall Out Boy's idea, then I give up. I fucking give up. I mean, I thought it was kind of lame to name yourself after a Simpsons character, and I thought it was really lame to name a song after a Rushmore quote, and I thought it was really really lame for them to say that they wanted to be like Jay-Z, but I always figured they were savvier than they let on. This photograph must be considered bulletproof evidence to the contrary.

[At this point, I was going to launch into a, "Hey, dude 2nd from the left, (insert noun) called, and (noun) wants (its) (insert other noun) back," tirade, but I've decided to leave the comments to you.]

3 comments:

dn said...

Oh, and keep in mind, everyone -- Mr. "I've got my shirt off" is being shown post-airbrushing. We're being shown the best possible presentation of his torso.

Floyd said...

How do you think the guy behind him feels? It looks like he was just shoved in there behind the topless Wentz and the banner overhead, kind of "and this guy's in the band too" sort of look.

What a bunch of fucktards. They can all go slam a cock.

Gav said...

I'm assuming the one behind shirtless is the bass player. And that's why I am looking past the fact he's wearing a muscle shirt with equestrian pants.

As a side note, I'm very disappointed in Rolling Stone. It seems like every time I turn around they are just adding coal to the runaway pop culture train.