Monday, August 13, 2007

Robin Fucking Williams

Rather than suffer through a Royals game during my dinner, I elected to watch "Insomnia" on AMC.

The first time I saw this was actually in the theater at the Mall of America. My mom and grandma were visiting me, and we'd spent entirely too much time walking around that gigantic mall. To rest, and to kill some time, we decided to see a movie.

Given the age and predilections of these two relatives, I still can't believe that we ended up staring at Detective Al Pacino and Child-Murderer Robin Williams. Grandma was asleep after a few minutes, so I guess she wouldn't have cared which movie we picked, but I can't imagine how horrible our other choices must have been to sway mom. Mom was always more of a "Mork and Mindy" Robin Williams fan, a "Patch Adams" kind of lady; I think it's safe to say that watching him murder a teenage girl was less to her liking.

I guess these kind of things happen when you run out of things to show your guests.

On a related note, today (during a, uh, work break) I discovered that there was a George Martin tribute album thingy released in 1998, "In My Life". The first track? A cover of the Beatles' "Come Together", featuring Robin Williams and Bobby McFerrin. You can listen to it at Amazon, but it's probably best you don't.

No comments: