Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's A Title

Oh, hello! I didn't see you come in.

You might be wondering why I haven't continued my tales from South America. You might be thinking, "Hey, I posted a day-by-day account of my vacation to my blog, plus titled photos and video -- where's his? What gives?" Well, I'm working on it. So is Matt. He'll make another guest-blogging appearance soon.

I'm going to take this "break" as an opportunity to blog some other shit.

* * *

I forgot about Toothpaste For Dinner for a long while, but recently got back on the wagon. Obsessively so. I'm also reading his wife's comic, plus both of their blogs, and their jointly-produced comic, Married to the Sea. Until recently, they offered prints of MTTS. Below are the ones I considered buying, framing, and hanging on my home's walls:

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com

Married To The Sea
marriedtothesea.com

The blogs are pretty good, too. I liked Drew's first Second Life experience:
Second Life is free to play, and I keep seeing people referring to it in the news, so I had to take one for the team and just dive on in. I knew it probably wasn't going to be intriguing when I got to the signup part and couldn't even make a one-word name. I had to use some fantasy-ass last name and I couldn't even use cusses. The best I could do was call myself Wenis.

Wenis Swindlehurst: How do I hit people
Foxbrand Leprechaun: You can't
Wenis Swindlehurst: I need that shit you drive.
* * *

You know when you get up about an hour before your alarm, go pee, then go back to bed? Why is it you have to pee again when you wake up an hour later? Not just a little pee -- a pretty good amount of pee. Despite not drinking anything, despite the passage of only one earth hour. Where is all this pee coming from?

* * *

I'm not obsessed with a perfect lawn. I think the amount of pesticide and fertilizer devoted to lawns is absurd, considering that most suburbians never picnic out there, they just work and work for a beautiful lawn to mow. So I focus on a few minor things: mowing the lawn before it gets absurdly tall, pulling out the dandelions in the spring and crabgrass in the fall, and filling in the dead patches with new seed. It doesn't work out well, because my adjacent neighbors don't give a shit about weeds, and the weed seeds fly from their lawns onto mine. And today I went to the hardware store for some seed and a rake, and they were sold out of rakes. Sold out! Of rakes! Can you believe you read this whole paragraph?

* * *

Sometimes I think it's strange to date a 24-year-old. Not REALLY strange, but just a little strange. Then David Cross does it, and I remember that David Cross is awesome, and I remember that dating 24-year-olds is awesome.

Speaking of celebrity news, Natalie Portman is dating this guy.



I saw a photo of him once, right before I realized I would never ever ever sample any of his music.

* * *

You may have noticed the new sidebar link, which shows links I read and enjoyed. Click away. Now I'm going to get my laundry out of the dryer. Sorry, Earth Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh natalie... so attainable, yet so frustratingly unattainable.

[~jeff.]