Monday, February 02, 2009

More Like Artificial Unintelligence

Netflix, I love you, but...



What the hell are you talking about? Alright, I can kind of understand the first one. Monty Python's absurdist humor matches well with drugs, so Pink Floyd isn't a terrible suggestion. (Unless you want to enjoy yourself. HEY-OOOH!)

You pair my admiration for The Graduate with the musical stylings of Roy Orbison. Not Simon or Garfunkel, the men who soundtracked the film, but the legendary Roy Orbison, whom Elvis once described as the finest singer of his generation. Sure, I love me some Roy, but Dustin Hoffman's quarterlife crisis has no bearing on my affection for "Only the Lonely".

Things go completely off the rails with your final suggestions, two Rage Against the Machine DVDs. Dave Chapelle and Zack de la Rocha are both black men who urge social justice -- you might have been fine if you left things there. Instead, you threw in The Big Lebowski. The Dude also strives for fairness, I suppose, but you're grasping for straws. Pulp Fiction = Rage? That movie is full of surf guitar and Dusty Springfield and Neil Diamond covers!

Shape up, Netflix robot.

No comments: