Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 Soundtrack Honorable Mention


The Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"

Had I waited another week or so before releasing my compilation for the new Black Keys album to be released, I would have included this badass opening track.

Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"

When I started to look like Billy Corgan, I figured it would be a good time to reacquaint myself with "Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness". A few weeks later, Ted and I had a chat over french fries -- we had both recently wondered why the production value of the album didn't stand the test of time. Also, I used the Photoshop Shawn made me to create this with MS Paint and slap it outside my office door:


Pearl Jam - "Animal"

I watched "Pearl Jam Twenty", the Cameron Crowe doc, and thought it was dull. But revisiting PJ is probably why, a few mornings later, I sang the first few minutes of "Animal" to our cat.

U2 - "I Will Follow"

Several early U2 tracks were burned on the end of the Two Door Cinema Club album we brought to Ireland. Duh.

Neil Diamond - "I Thank the Lord for the Night Time"

My friend Dave selected this song to lead off a night of dancing at our wedding reception. Well, he actually played "America" first, but I think most people's shock at seeing a Neil Diamond tribute band wore off in time for "I Thank the Lord for the Night Time".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did the cat do when you sang to it?

Heather