Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tee Tragedy

So I was told a certain apparel company wanted ideas for T-shirts. Their best-sellers referenced "meat" and movies.



I thought I could combine those two great topics into one tee that said, "I'll be your wingman anytime", and showed a picture of hotwings. Looks like the design wizards modified the original idea.



In my opinion, the change is for the worse. It dumps the Top Gun reference...and for what, exactly? Does somebody in men's apparel hate Val Kilmer or something? "Designated wingman"? That's hardly an oft-used phrase. And it's gay. And I take no responsibility for it. I'm like that guy that directed the Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" video. I'm just like him.

Sigh. It is mildy upsetting. I planned on buying the shirt, wearing it to the fanciest parties, using it as a conversation starter - a wearable trophy. If I wore the result to said occasions, I'd be beaten. Either way, this shirt has beaten me.

UPDATE 5/15

Shawn, regarding your comment about the "pleased to meat you" shirt, they've come dangerously close:



Hams would be funnier, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about a "pleased to meat you" t-shirt? two hams shaking hands? who wouldn't buy that?

Floyd said...

All this talk about meat makes me wish I'd followed through on my promise to mass-produce the "sausage donut".

That's a t-shirt right there: Just a picture of a sausage donut, labed "Sausage Donut". I'd wear it.

Anonymous said...

can't believe there was no "sausage fest" t-shirts.

Anonymous said...

that grammar was terrible. apologies.