Monday, July 10, 2006

Like Mike

I had a dream last night that I was on a movie set with Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter. I tried to be cool around those guys, and Black rewarded my coolness with an errand -- retrieve his DeLorean from a place down the road, where Oprah was sitting. Pretty standard, really.

Paul gave me a shout out during my waking hours today:

Paul wrote on 07/10/2006 12:35:38 PM:

hey dan,

i'm not sure if you've seen this article yet, but it's worth looking at. it may be the most ridiculous lawsuit ever.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5766288

and if you can explain to me the rationale behind how this guy arrived at the amount he is suing for, i'd really like to know. i know how he calculated the figure, but the rationale behind the calculation still eludes me.

dn wrote:

I haven't even got past the calculation yet. $416 million each? His age times 7? Is he 59.428571 years old?

I like how his character has been "defamed". Because people despise MJ and all...

And, on a nerdier note, defamation would literally mean being made unfamous: de-fame. MJ is one of the world's most famous people.

Paul wrote on 07/10/2006 01:48:13 PM:

What I would give for this to actually go to trial, even though there is a 0.000001% chance of that happening. Does this guy expect Jordan to get plastic surgery to rectify the situation?

And, based on the definition of defamation, couldn't Jordan more accurately file a countersuit of defamation? Doesn't this guy actually defame Jordan?

And who are these people at this guy's local gym that mistake him for Jordan? Do these people honestly believe Jordan has shown up to play against them?

So many questions..........

dn wrote:

I'll bet you $416 million that this guy carries a basketball around with him everywhere he goes. AND that he got his earring specifically so he could look like Jordan. AND that he's hired a Pippen look-alike. AND that he calls every white guy he meets "Pax".

At least when the lady sued Letterman for sending her messages through her TV, you knew she was crazy. This guy is just annoying.

No comments: