Thursday, November 16, 2006

Karen, Oh!

Before The Office airs tonight, I wanted to go on the record. I'm on Team Karen.

I haven't looked at all of the comments regarding the Pam vs. Karen debate yet, so I can add my opinion here, without influence:

I'm a Pam fan. Like Jim, I'm certainly attracted to Pam, and I share the desire to coax that adorable Pam out of her shell.

Still, I can't help but think that Jim and I are attracted to the idea of Pam, rather than Pam herself. What would a relationship with Pam be like? Wouldn't she be needy? Wouldn't you have to constantly reassure her? Wouldn't that get old?

I say it would get old. And, while it would be perfectly nice for last season's Jim, this season's Jim has a winning alternative. Karen is on par physically. Karen seems funny. Karen is self-assured. She may lack Pam's abundance of warmth, but she's no cold fish.

Plus, I'm certain Karen would go downtown - Pam, not so much.

Am I right? Am I right, folks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo! Boo to Karen.

Heather