Monday, February 26, 2007

Big Slam

I'm back from vacation, but I don't have a lot to say. I guess I'll continue the promotion I began late Saturday night / early Sunday morning, as we sat at Barbara's round table and finished our conversation about good, non-food smells. It's like this: I wish to champion the phrase, "Slam a cock!"

I first learned of the phrase when Rob Corrdry was interviewed by The Onion about his iPod:
Pavement, "Stereo"
Oh wow, I'm awesome. Brighten The Corners—I would argue, the best Pavement record. The Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain people can slam a cock, because this is the best. I miss Pavement. I went and saw Stephen Malkmus live a couple years ago. Terrible. He's a jam band now. There was this guy in the front row who wouldn't stop asking Malkmus, "What's up with the Jicks?" He kept saying, "Steve, what's up with the Jicks?" And my friend Jason started yelling, "Esteban, que pasa los Jicks?" Needless to say, he did not answer us. Not a good show, though I got very drunk.
I think "Slam a cock!" has a lot of potential.

"Go slam a cock!"

"Why don't you slam a cock?"

"Hey! Buddy! Slam a cock!"

We're all looking for a new vulgar expression; I'd appreciate it if everyone gave this one the old college try.

1 comment:

Gav said...

So I was to meet up with Monica and Matt at The Cashew on Tuesday to see our friend Ryan play (piano bar scene, where Ryan takes requests and plays them... almost spot-on. It's pretty cool.)

I called Matt around 8:00 to see what time Ryan went on and found out his gig started at 7:00 and ended around 9:30. Therefore, I stayed in and updated my resume.

Got a text from Monica at 9:00 saying "U Suck." Response: "No one told me he played the early set. Go Slam a Cock!"

She did not respond, but I knew I had won that exchange.