Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Delay

I'm taking my time with the Snoopy incident. It's not ready for the masses yet. In fact, I'm not even done with an initial draft.

Until my productivity increases, try your hand at Entertainment Weekly's hair metal band quiz. Paul and myself took this quiz last week, and found it to be rather easy. Paul went so far as to say that he couldn't be friends with anyone that scored less than 6 out of 10.

Hint: Number of bandmates and blonde hair are the keys to victory.

Finally, Bobby introduced me to Joe Posnanski's baseball blog (Poz covers the Royals for the KC Star). He kept a running diary during the Royals home opener, a game that was led off by the incomparable REO Speedwagon's take on "The Star-Spangled Banner". Then, in the middle of the seventh inning:
Oh my gosh, REO Speedwagon is now singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" ... I mean this is getting to be like that Greg Norman collapse at the Masters in 1996. It was interesting for a while, but after a while you just couldn't watch anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...winning the NCAA tourney pool AND 10 out of 10 on the hair metal quiz. with apologies to VH1, this has truly been the best week ever...

question: how does the frontman and only recognizable member of whitesnake (coverdale) get buried behind his bushy bandmates? these are the things i think about.

[~jeff.]

dn said...

Sadly, Whitesnake was one of my errors on the quiz. Hardly the performance one would expect from the man who owned "Coverdale / Page" on cassette...I think I still know 3/4 of the words to "Shake My Tree"...

I hate myself.

Anonymous said...

...and i inexplicably know the guitar lick to that song. maybe we can fill the glaring open niche for a coverdale/page tribute band...

[~jeff.]

dn said...

What do you mean, "maybe"?