Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mount Rushsmore

Everyone knows that my favorite text on a movie prop is the footnote on Max Fischer's "Heaven and Hell" invitation that reads "Casual dress, refreshments, etc." But what are my five favorite "Rushmore" quotes?


“Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich, and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.”
--Herman Blume


Get some rootbeers for anybody who wants one. I don't want one. OK. Next scene. Frank, you enter stage right with a bag of cocaine.
--Max at “Serpico” rehearsal


You're supposed to say, "Forget about it, Sanchez - the old man likes his cannoli --"
--Max, upset with a student who forgot a line in “Serpico”


These are glorious. Let me put them in some water.
--Mrs. Guggenheim, after Max presents a pitiful bouquet of flowers


Make sure these don't get wet.
--Max, casually handing dynamite over to Dirk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 things:

I thought "would you like me to get you a dictionary?" would make it on the list.

this post made me check to see if your birthday was coming up.

And not to sound like an imdb-whore, but did you know that Jason Schwartzman is the older brother to that guy in Princess Diaries? and nephew of Francis Ford Coppola? Crazy.

Anonymous said...

"I like your nurse's uniform, guy."

"These are OR scrubs."

"OH ARE they?"

dn said...

AND Schwartzman's brother is the lead singer of the band Rooney.

The "grab a dictionary" line did make the list of honorable mentions, along with, "Would you like me to pass the creamer, Doc?" and "I can't believe they let him build a real campfire on stage -- it's clearly a safety hazard."

I think Jenny knows this, but I didn't get the "O.R. they?" joke until the dozenth time I watched the movie. And I only got it then because I had the subtitles on. Because I am a completist.