Sunday, January 25, 2009

Promotions

UPDATE!!!

Some commenter named Kim correctly points out that Alyson Hannigan was also spared from the curse of American Pie. In recognition, here is the recent yet classic Onion video about her boobs:


FCC Okays Nudity On TV If It's Alyson Hannigan


* * *

I don't mean to inhibit the discussions sparked by my recent posts (Kidding! There are never any intense commenting sessions within Tornado Slide.), but here's a few things I'm currently enjoying.

The new Franz Ferdinand album is out Tuesday. Judging from what I've heard on their MySpace Music page, I plan to purchase it. Give "Lucid Dreams", "Ulysses" and "Twilight Omens" a spin.

Netflix sent "The Promotion", starring my new favorite actor, John C Reilly, and Sean William Scott, the lone surviving American Pie career.


When I rent indie comedies, I'm always more than a little concerned that they won't be funny. I am pleased to tell you that "The Promotion" is quite funny -- a bit like an adult "Election". I can't understand why it's sitting at 51% at Rotten Tomatoes -- maybe interneters saw that Fred Armisen was in it so they assumed it was garbage? I assure you his role is minimal and fitting. Rent it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lone suriving American Pie career? ..... Hello, Alyson Hannigan is still employed in a respectable network show and does horrible spoof comedies.... Plus, I think she is adorable.