Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hey, Watch It!

I've gone a week without writing. I don't have much to say. Here are some excellent things I've watched via Netflix this year.

Spaced

Matt talked this BBC series up for years, and now it's available on DVD. (You can watch it for free on Hulu.) They only made 2 seasons, so it won't take long for you to enjoy it, which you will, if you liked Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Paper Moon

I knew for some time that Tatum O'Neal won an Oscar for this movie, but I never knew who she was or who Ryan O'Neal was or what this movie was. Now I do know. It's a very good movie about Depression-era grifters.

Party Down

Starz original programming? Yeah, weird, but it's first season was funny. You can watch it through Starz (allegedly - I had problems with their streaming) or instantly stream it via Netflix. I could tell you that it was about the employees of an LA catering business, but that wouldn't entice you. I'll simply repeat it is funny.

No comments: