Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rooting For Jimmy

Tonight, Jimmy Fallon is hosting the Emmy Awards. He's doing an OK job.

I am taking this opportunity to retract my previous statements about Mr. Fallon and his stint on Late Night. I don't watch often, but from what I've seen he does a nice job. I appreciate his efforts to mix up the format, playing games with the guests instead of only interviewing them. It's fun. Nice job.

I remember back when his reign was beginning, people said, "Did you hear The Roots are going to be the house band?! That's going to be so cool! I'm going to watch it because of them!". I would like to take this opportunity to call those people shitheads. Not because The Roots are sub-par -- because talk show bands have about 4 cumulative minutes of impact per night. If Arcade Fire played the walk-on music for Jay Leno's show, or if The Black-Eyed Peas performed every night for Conan, it wouldn't factor into my decision to watch.

No comments: