Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Unbearable Lightness Of Being Climate Controlled

During these dog days, I experience a sort of white guilt regarding my comfort. It's 100 degrees outside, but the only time I experience the heat is on brief walk from my office to my car. I should be begging for the sun to set, but I barely even notice.

* * *

What percent of Facebook's activity is birthday-related?

What would be the most "like"d Facebook status of all time? It has to incorporate a few key subjects. Here's a guess:
"Little Kaden James' surgery was a success, and today the adoption is official! Praise God for shipping my hubby back from Afghanistan in time for this blessed event!"

* * *

Other offensive things about two blocks away from Groundzero, according to Google Maps:

Men's Wearhouse
Party Poopers ("NYC's premier kids'party planning service since 1991 (and that's kids' 0-120)")
Cosi
McDonalds
Starbucks
GNC
Bed Bath and Beyond
Chevy's Fresh Mex
Manhattan Bankruptcy Lawyer Daniel Gershburg
University of Phoenix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to trade white guilt for some sweet, sweet a/c when I sleep right now.

na