Monday, February 06, 2012

2011 Recap - Music

A NOTE TO ALL MY DEDICATED AND INTERESTED READERS:

I normally have a year-in-review regarding lyrics -- best rhyme, best simile and metaphor, other examples -- but all I only noted three measly songs in 2011. Yikes! So if you have some lyrics from 2011 you want to talk about, let me know! Then we can combine everyone's thoughts and talk about them!

* * *

Here are the 2011 albums I purchased, in order from most enjoyed to most I realize it's acclaimed and technically sound but it still pretty much puts me to sleep except for that super weird jazz freak out at the end of "The Shrine / An Argument" but I still like 'em okay.

Quite Good

Okkervil River - I am Very Far
Black Keys - El Camino

Pretty Good

Peter Bjorn & John - Gimme Some
Dodos - No Color
We Were Promised Jetpacks - In the Pit of the Stomach
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two

A Few Good Songs on There

Telekinesis - Twelve Desperate Straight Lines
Mates of State - Mountaintops
Eleanor Friedberger - Last Summer
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues



Stuff I bought in 2011 that wasn't released in 2011, in no particular order because it was all quite good:

Frightened Rabbit - Winter of Mixed Drinks
Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
Kathryn Calder - Are You My Mother?
M Ward - End of Amnesia

No comments: