Last year, Gav scored a great win thanks to 8 seed Kentucky's amazing run to the title...game.
Our draft was held online Monday. Here are the results and some very necessary draft analysis:
|3||21||Pat Connaughton||Notre Dame|
|7||61||Trevor Lacey||NC State|
|2||19||Darrun Hilliard II||Villanova|
|6||59||Demetrius Jackson||Notre Dame|
|1||3||Karl Anthony Towns||Kentucky|
|3||23||Monte Morris||Iowa State|
|4||38||Seth Tuttle||Northern Iowa|
|2||17||Georges Niang||Iowa State|
|5||44||Branden Dawson||Michigan State|
|4||35||D'Angelo Russell||Ohio St|
|6||55||Jameel McKay||Iowa State|
|7||67||Ron Baker's Man||WSU|
|5||48||Brice Johnson||North Carolina|
|8||73||Kelly Oubre Jr.||Kansas|
|2||12||Sam "Upper" Dekker||Wisconsin|
|5||49||Thomas Walkup||Stephen F Austin|
|6||52||Sir'Dominic Pointer||St. John's|
|5||50||Jacob Parker||Stephen F Austin|
|6||51||Phil Forte III||OSU|
|7||70||Juwan Staten||West Virginia|
- 7 Kentucky players were drafted. The last player, Devin Booker, was picked #45, about at the midway point of the draft. Brandon, Chuck, Dan, and Gav are the owners who lack a player from the Big Blue.
- 5 Wisconsin and Villanova players were chosen.
- 4 Arizona Wildcats and Duke Blue Devils were taken.
- Dan chose teammates, the white wonders of Collinsworth and Haws from BYU. BYU was eliminated in their First Four matchup with Ole Miss. Fun game to watch, though.
- Chris also chose teammates, the nonwhite wonders of Frank Mason III and Perry Ellis of KU. Chris maintained his streak of drafting KU players since always, forever.
By Seeds 1-7
- 22 of the first 30 players chosen were from 1-seed and 2-seed teams.
- All but 3 players from 1 seeds listed on the draft spreadsheet were picked.
By Seeds 8-12 (1.5x point multiplier teams)
- 19 of the 80 drafted players were from teams seeded 8 and up.
- 8 of the 19 came from 8 and 9 seeds.
- 4 of the 19 were drafted in the final 6 selections.
- 6 of the 19 were from 11 seeds.
- Dan has 3 11-seed players. Again, 2 of them, the white guys, have already been eliminated.
- No players were chosen from teams seeded 13 and up.
By Seeds, Again
- Bob has 4 1-seed players and 4 2-seed players; those are all of his players.
- Brian has 4 4-seed players.
Median Seed of Players Drafted:
- Overall: 3
- Bob 1.5
- Chuck 2.5
- Matt 2.5
- Brandon 3.5
- Chris 3.5
- Brian 4
- Gav 4
- Stu 4.5
- Dan 8
- Shawn 8.5
- 23 players were picked from the West Region - Dan and Gav have 4 each.
- 20 from the East - Chuck has 5 of them.
- 20 from the Midwest - Chris has 4 of them.
- 17 from the South - Shawn has 4 of them.
- Brandon’s team is the most balanced, with 2 players from each region. If everything went perfectly, he could have 7 of his 8 players active in the Elite Eight. I suspect he did this on purpose.
- Gav, Chuck, and Dan have unbalanced brackets, with players from only 3 of the 4 regions. Dan has no East players (I didn’t like the number of defensive-minded teams in it!) and the others have no South players. All others have at least one player per region.