Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dear Mr. President

I am not interested in hearing your plan for Iraq; I was interested several years ago, but not tonight. Tonight, I am interested in watching Family Guy. Family Guy is not on. You are on, going on and on just like the war is going on and on. I want to watch Family Guy. Get off my fucking television. I hate you.

Did you know you've done this to me before? You decided to start the goddamn war on the same day that March Madness began. I took that day off, George. I took the day off so I could enjoy some roundball with my pals. You pushed the war coverage off CBS and onto cable. I didn't have cable, George. Jeff didn't have cable. Ryan didn't have cable. We had to go to a bar, George. We had to abandon the chips and beers we'd already rationed for ourselves, and we had to go to a bar and pay for our seats. And sure, we got to see the games OK, and sure, we got to eat a pretty good cheese and cracker plate, and sure, we got to drink some decent beers - but George, I didn't wanna. I wanted to sit on Jeff's couch and drink the cheapers beers. And watch CBS. But CBS was showing bombs.

Get off my fucking television, George. Get the fuck off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too was amiss at the lack of Family Guy...thanks for speaking my heart.
Ed

dn said...

I always try to speak your heart, Ed. Always.