Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hello Goodbye

I've been absent, entertaining Serpentine, who has returned to his homeland for the birth of our Lord. And now I'm leaving again, going home for the holiday.

I guess I'm the only one that finds himself bored over these breaks, browsing the internet for something to read or do. Just in case I'm not alone in my holiday boredom, I invite you to ponder this question:

What statement(s) would a stranger have to make to convince you that you could not be friends with him or her?

Rules for your answer:
The statement(s) can not be objectively offensive (i.e. "The races shouldn't mix").
The statement(s) can not be political.

Basically, we're looking for a mildly to highly trivial statement of opinion that you find unforgivable.

My answer is subject to change, but since it's the statement I had in mind when I thought of the question, I feel obligated to share it.

I can't be friends with a stranger that remarks, "The Beatles are overrated."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny you should say that, as I know a guy who muttered that statement...we are not friends. I'll ponder my answer and get back to you.
-C Dogg

Anonymous said...

Mine would be: "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) is a legitimate religion."

Matt

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I LOVE cats!