Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Humps, Revisited

So "My Humps" is terrible. Really, really bad. I wonder, has anything been worse? The worst songs I can think of:

Lou Bega - Mambo #5

An oldie (by somebody named Lou Christie) that had a chorus repeated, "LIIIIGHTNING STRIIIIIIKES MEEEE AGAINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"
Buster Poindexter - Hot Hot Hot

Things I would rather listen to than "My Humps":

A Creed album
A Nickelback album
A crying baby
Several hours of bad talk radio
Five minutes of a fire alarm

3 comments:

Floyd said...

The video looks like every other video on MTV...I don't think the joke is obvious at all, and it sure as hell isn't funny. I guarantee the millions of people that are making this song #1 in the charts aren't getting the joke either.

What would you rather listen to, "My Humps" or Fergie and gang do a cover of your favorite song, thus ruining it for you for the rest of your life?

dn said...

I guess I'd rather listen to "My Humps", because the alternative means another BYP song.

V, I don't know about your theory. Do you have any evidence of "My Humps" being satire? An interview quote or something? To me, it seems like the people that brought us such song titles as "Let's Get Retarded" and "Don't Phunk With My Heart" shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. Not that Google is the best for "research," but here is one interview:

Just check out My Humps, a song off the Peas' new record Monkey Business, which hits stores Tuesday. It sounds like an ode to her curvaceous physique. Fergie -- a.k.a. Stacy Ferguson -- vehemently denies it.

"No, no, no, it's a character," she said with a laugh recently during a rare one-on-one interview with the Sun, a Canadian newspaper exclusive.

"It's a definite character. It's all tongue-in-cheek. It's just a fun song portraying that situation. It's going to be really fun to perform."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/06/05/1072399.html