Thursday, February 23, 2006

Friday Reading

There's a lot of great interviews and features at Ricky Gervais' (from BBC's The Office) website. And news - the Simpsons episode he wrote will air in spring, and he'll also be writing an episode for NBC's version of The Office. But back to the interviews - the one he did with Coldplay's Chris Martin had some high points:
INTERVIEWER: Ricky, you were asked to be the butler in a remake of Magnum, PI. Do you both get offered inappropriate stuff?

Ricky Gervais: [To Martin] You get offered things like being in Extras.

Chris Martin: We get some weird shit, too. I mean, a threesome's always a nice offer.

RG: There's three of us.

CM: I met a guy once who said he had had a threesome. But he said it was two blokes and a girl. But to me, that would be a halfsome.

RG: A halfsome!

CM: I just wanted to say that. Can people write in and say if they agree with that? Because he's not even slightly gay. I don't see how it's a threesome.
* * *
INTERVIEWER: How will Coldplay develop? You've mentioned you'd like to work with Timbaland.

RG: What, the boots people?

CM: Yeah, the people who make boots.

RG: Bruce Foxton's got a brand new pair of Timbalands.

CM: Yeah, I thought what we need to do next is a CD that comes in a pair of durable walking boots, so you can listen to it when you're hiking.

RG: You're going for the working-class vote now, aren't you? [Thinks] Who are your fans?

CM: Ah, man, it's tricky. I don't think we'd be anywhere if Radiohead didn't exist. I think we're like why Diet Coke was big. Because some people couldn't handle Coke. That's how I see Coldplay.

No comments: