Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Nice Day For A Nice Wedding

The groom requested a blog shout-out, so I guess this is a shout-out.

Corinne and Ted's reception was probably the best reception I've ever attended. Is that because there was no garter toss? Or because they served a malbec? Or because I knew and liked 75% of the people there? Yes. Yes it was.

When you don't know how to respond to the bluegrass band,
you put your hand where your rodeo belt buckle would be
and perform an impromptu Lasso Dance.





Both halves of the happy couple have been featured on this blog. For example:
"That's so gross! I'm such a queen about that sort of stuff."

--Willie, gay cast member of MTV's The Real World: Philadelphia, reacting to a roommate's scabies infection

"Like anal sex isn't gross..."

--Corinne, reacting to Willie's comment

and, courtesy of Ted:
I thought we had an unspoken agreement. I would never make fun of Dan's cutesy-but-impotent word twist challenges, and he would never make fun of Blue Oyster Cult on his blog. Well, all bets are off. Don't pretend that you didn't know about how much I love that video, Dan. Everybody knows it. Everybody who is anybody!

Ok, so maybe I've never told anybody that I liked that video. Maybe I was watching VH1 classic one night, all alone, drinking gin right out of the bottle. Maybe that video came on, and I thought to myself, "That video is cool! That dude Caught On Fire!" It doesn't matter. People should know things about me, even if I don't specifically say those things out loud.

No comments: