Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Just A Shame

I'm home. I'm overstimulated. I've got 415 unread items in my Google Reader waiting for me. I've got my brand new The State DVD in its plastic wrap -- hours and hours of precious sketches to enjoy. Some podcasts in the queue. A Netflix to watch and return. Photos from the trip to upload. Blogs to blog. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to read.

For now, let me say that I watched more VH1 Classic as I waited for the females to get dressed for NYC outings. In a strange repeat of events, I saw Blue Oyster Cult's strange "Burning For You" video AGAIN.

And I saw the video for "That's All". I've written about that song before. It used to be my favorite Genesis song. Not anymore. I've seen the video, and I can't UN-SEE it.

(This is where I'd embed the video if those fucks in charge of such things would get their shit together. In summary, Phil Collins and his band were dressed as hobos. They were in a burned-out building that held only burning barrels, a new grand piano, and a small electric organ. Phil sang the entire song while looking into the camera and walking around his hobo digs. The pianist played his keyboards. All played cards with a deck of Bicycle playing cards. It was long and repetitive and awful, and not "awful" in the Dickensian or hobo sense. Fuck this video.)

No comments: