Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Goodbye, Columbus

News from Paul in Ohio:
I was really disappointed by the rioting (or lack thereof) down here last night. Even with the beating OSU took, I thought I could look forward to angry rioters, which can be just as destructive as victorious rioters. In the end, nothing major happened, and I will have to wait yet another year in hopes of witnessing a riot.

I watched the game in a bar just outside Columbus, and I have to say that I've never the energy level higher in a bar (following Ginn's opening kickoff return) and then have it completely destroyed within 90 minutes. By halftime, the looks of dejection were amazing. If I had been smart, I would have taken some pictures for your website. You know it's a high level of comedy when a 45 year old man seriously looks suicidal while wearing a t-shirt that says "Fear the Nut" (in reference to the Buckeye tree nut). This kind of thing cannot be scripted.

No comments: