Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hey Glasses! Continued

First, let me say that I know this is terribly exciting, and a totally worthwhile use of your time, and not at all stupid or boring.

Now. Between the comments left on the blog and the notes emailed to me, BCBG whole is the front-runner, followed closely by Columbia. I am not certain which I will choose. But that's okay, because I'm also uncertain as to when the shop is open, and when I can go to buy these motherfuckers.

Corinne took a few wide shots of the leading candidates before we decided to zoom in. Here's a final look at the leading candidates, accompanied by my imagined life wearing each pair:

BCBG WHOLE

--"Hey brah!"

--"Hey."


--"Nice Vans."


--"Thanks. Skate or die, dude."


--"What kind of deck are you rockin'?"


--"Oh, no -- I actually don't skate. I just wear Vans. Running shoes make my feet hurt."


--"Ah, that's cool, brah. So what's the name of your band?"


--"Oh, yeah -- sorry again, but I'm not actually in a band. I can't even play an instrument."


--"Ah, that's cool, brah. So what level of art history do you teach?"


--"I don't teach. I mean, I
get art and everything, but I'm actually not a grad student or a post-doc fellow or anything. Sorry."

--"Mah. Buh. Wha. But. You are headed to the Bourgeois Pig, though, right?"


--"No. I'm actually on my way to the car wash."


--"You have a car?!"


COLUMBIA



--"Hi. My name is Dan."



--"Dan, your pick-up lines are as boring as your taste in eyewear. You will never see my awesome nude body."



--"My name is Dan."

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

my heart says converse, my head says columbia, and my loins say ted baker. my eyes would have said BCBG had they not fallen asleep from complete BOREDOM!

Anonymous said...

dude. are you gonna listen to women's loins or your drinking buddies? um...er, hmm.

never mind.

[~jeff.]

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Adrienne....did I mention she's a chronic liar, and once told a man that she was a pole-vaulter?

The people have spoken...choose BCBG whole (the glasses I had already picked for you...)

Anonymous said...

> did I mention she's a chronic liar, and once told a man that she was a pole-vaulter?

Oh, she's a pole-vaulter all right...

What, too obvious?