Sunday, September 18, 2005

Wedding Bliss

Brian and Kelly,

Thanks for the fun wedding weekend. Please note that I neglected to attach a card to my gift - mine is the iron and the toothpick dispenser. The gift receipt for the iron is included. I'm afraid you're stuck with the toothpick dispenser.

Jack Serpentine,

Thanks for laughing at the following exchange:

BRIDESMAID: "C'mon! You have to come dance!"

ME: "Well, okay...but I'm going to grind on you pretty hard."

Other bridesmaid,

Thanks for letting me know that your mom thinks I'm "adorable". Again, I'm sorry if my inquiry re: her marital status was offensive.

V,

Thanks for your help in getting me drunk. You have a gift.

Dave, Dustin, Curtis, Ashley, et al,

Thanks for the Neil Diamond tribute show. You guys nailed it. I'm still reeling. Can't wait for the next one.

Other Brian,

Thanks for driving. It took 26 years, but we finally experienced a time when I was less sober than you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Other Brian,

I don't know you, but I couldn't help but feel for you when you realized after reading this that you were Other Brian, and not that other guy. I imagine that for your whole life, you have believed that you were the #1 Brian, and every other eligible party was an "other" Brian. That must have been quite a shock.

I just want to reassure you that you still might very well be the #1 Brian; it's just because this Brian was getting married and all that he bumped you out of the top spot. I mean, he's the groom, the man of the hour and such. You can't really begrudge him the status for one measley day. So don't read into it. Don't get all sore about it.

If you can't seem to get this out of your head, you can fix it in a relatively simple way. Just get married. Then you can be sure that there is one person in the world who will not think of you as Other Brian.

Good luck. And thanks for getting dn home safely.