Steps to enjoying the musical stylings of Vampire Weekend:
1. Completely ignore their name.
2. Assume they all went to Columbia on well-deserved scholarships.
3. Pretend they live somewhere less hip than Brooklyn. (I suggest Sacramento, CA or Harrisburg, PA.)
4. Convince yourself you didn't first hear of them through a music blog, but instead from an off-the-cuff, onstage comment made by Bono during the 1992 Zoo TV tour.
5. Imagine all of their material is actually cover versions of never-before-released Paul Simon songs.
You may be able to pick and choose, but I need all five. Now download some tracks and put this advice to good use!