Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's a Pun! Bam!

I bought five fluid ounces of Emeril's "Kick It Up!" Green Pepper Sauce today -- it was cheaper than the Tabasco brand product by more than a dollar, plus it featured this little snippet from Emeril himself on the packaging:
Down where I live in Louisiana, people keep a bottle of pepper sauce on the table, and use it to spice up just about everything. We make this one here in the Bayou State. You'll like what this does for pork and chicken. It'll even make your turkey sandwich something special. Kick It Up! Green so full of ripe Jalapenos, it's "Emeril" Green. Ouch!
Please note -- I didn't screw up the formatting, it really says "Ouch!" in the quote. Also note this product is made in Roseland, New Jersey, not the Bayou State.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To express my adulation for green Tabasco, I quote the MAN himself, Tom Petty: "I want [it] more than diamonds...I want [it] more than gold...I want [it] more than anything anyone could hold." I will not bow to this impostor, no matter the price. [-jeff.]

dn said...

Money is no object to a man that spend T'sgiving in Vegas? Color me shocked.

I'll let you know how Kick It Up compares to the real deal.