Monday, December 20, 2004

Sit On It

I got a new office chair at work today - a hand-me-down from the office director. It was probably the biggest thrill I've had at work since the summer, which is incredibly sad.

I also had time today to reflect on the lyrics of Elvis' "Return to Sender". Lots of problems if you think about it:
I gave a letter to the postman,
He put it his sack.
Bright in early next morning,
He brought my letter back.
Mail in the morning?
This time I’m gonna take it myself
And put it right in her hand.
And if it comes back the very next day
Then I’ll understand - the writing on it
What's not to understand, King? She's mad at you! She doesn't want to read your letter! Remember the quarrel you were just singing about? That's why!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I think blame should go where it's due...not necessarily at Mr. Presley. I belive Lieber & Stoeller [those jerks] deserve the blame.

phil