Thursday, June 02, 2005

ghsdlkjfsa

I have little to say today and little time to write a post. See, I'm got to watch Episode III tonight, because I bought Lego Star Wars - The Video Game. The game is exactly what it sounds like, and covers episodes I through III. I don't want to play Episode III before I see Episode III. You know, because I'd hate to spoil the movie for myself - God knows what the plot could be.

Today I read an AP article about killer bees in Oklahoma, inching ever closer to my home state:
They can sense a threat from people or animals 50 feet or more from their nest, sense vibrations from power equipment 100 feet away and may pursue a victim for up to a half a mile
I could make a joke about africanized bees not being Kenyan, because they'd be able to chase you for much longer than a half mile, but I won't, because that joke sucks. Remember back in the early '90s when killer bee talk was everywhere? Made for TV movies about swarms of killer bees? Bagwell with a healthy shoulder? That jokes sucks too. This is what happens when I don't edit a post.

I read this article, too...ok, well, I read the headline. I wonder - how long until everyone has written a children's book? Is anyone not qualified to write one of these things? How do publishers distinguish "good" children's books from "bad" ones? Is someone out there writing children's books with gory plots of revenge and murder? Does anyone stray from the animal-gets-in-an-adventure tale? ... okay, I just read the McCartney article to see what the plot was - lo and behold, a frog and a squirrel get into an adventure. Fantastic. Let's all quit our jobs and write these things.

3 comments:

dn said...

I thought it was good, especially when people weren't talking. Not people in the theater - I mean the characters in the film.

I'm eager to manufacter something every Jedi will want to buy - it's called a lanyard. Attach your lightsaber to the lanyard, and safely fastened the lanyard around your wrist. Never again will your only fucking weapon drop off a cliff or fly across the fucking room!

Floyd said...

If I were a Jedi, I'd use the lightsaber lanyard - or Danyard, as I'd hope you'd market it - to wrap around the Jedi's neck and choke him with it.

And you know how I feel about the movie. Just the mention of midichlorians makes me feel like someone fucked my girlfriend.

dn said...

When your name is Jezebel, it's probably not a good idea to bring up the Bible.