Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Think Tank

Ideas I thought were original, but weren't:

1. Streetlights that turn on automatically at night and off automatically at dawn.

2. watchmepee.com (Ok, this was actually Floyd's idea.)

Ideas that might be original:

1. Domesticate the rhino. (Again, this was actually the idea of some friends.)

2. "The Rude Restaurant". You'd go get a meal there if you didn't want to deal with overly perky wait staff - in fact, you'd just abuse them. Don't like the way your steak is cooked? Just bring the waiter over, "Hey! Tell those assholes in the kitchen that this motherfucker is overdone! I might take shit like this at work, but NOT NOW!" And the kitchen wouldn't spit in your food or anything, because they know they're helping people relieve stress. Gratuity would be included on the bill to further isolate the staff from the customer. No cell phones, no music, loud talkers would be asked to leave. No - they'd be kicked out forcefully. Other diners could participate in pushing Captain Talksalot out of the building if they wanted.

3. Create software program that easily converts e-mail into a Word/Adobe file. A really great version of this program would use all the >>> marks to figure out the chroniological order of the e-mails and place them accordingly in the new file. I would pay $300 for this program. Just think, your life in e-mail...that wouldn't mean much to my mom ("This is the week I sent the inspirational forwards, this is the conversation I had with my sister about a quilt...") but it would be pretty incredible for others.

I don't mind putting my intellectual property out there - I don't care if someone else gets rich off them. I just want them to become a reality.

2 comments:

Bob said...

In regard to #2 in the possibly original ideas:

Sorry, but it appears to already exist. It's called Dick's Last Resort. http://www.gayot.com/restaurantpages/info.php?tag=SDRES99234&code= (Sarah knew about this one.)

As far as #3 goes, GMail organizes messages by "conversation," according to the replies, which sounds like part of what you're describing.

Anonymous said...

I thought about Dick's last resort too (I've been, food=not so good) but actually it is quite different from what you describe because the wait staff is mean to you as well. They make fun of you, and you are allowed to make fun back. So I would say (in theory) this idea is still somewhat original.

-Corinne