Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Real World: Ausome

Yeah, I watched it last night. And yeah, I'm sucked into another season. I knew this would happen, but how could you not watch? And the premiere episode, no less - the one where they walk into the house and say, "Ahhhh! This is amaaaaaaazing!! I can't belieeeeeve it!!!" Are you fucking kidding me? Did you think the Real World house would be a dump? Did you think this season would be different than the previous 15? Of course the house is dope! It's the fucking Real World, bitches!

The premiere episode was a mountain full of gold. Melinda, the blonde, talked about how hard it was going to be to remain faithful to her boyfriend; she admitted this fact to the kid she wants to bone...on their first day in the house. It's day one, you crazy, hot bitch! What the hell are you doing in a relationship in the first place?

Then there's the black guy, Nehemiah. Welcome to Austin, friend. I've got some bad news - most of your housemates are clearly insane. That's right, I just called the guy who wore a Harriet Tubman T-shirt one of the SANE ones. Where the hell do you buy a Harriet Tubman T-shirt?

The finest moment in last night's episode was not the punch that fractured Danny's facebone. It came when Danny discussed his new buddy, Johnson County Kansas' own Wes. As close as I can recall:
"Wes is like, a total frat guy type. And I love that about him."
Well done, Bunim-Murray productions. Well done.

1 comment:

dn said...

There's cast member Q&A at MTV.com:

Wes' Q&A

1. Why did you audition for The Real World?

I auditioned at first because I was trying to hook up with a girl. I went to the open call plastered and trashed everyone in the bar. Who would have known?

2. Describe a typical day in your life, pre-Real World.

Wake up at 4 (p.m.?). Stumble to class. Sit in back. Fall asleep. Lift weights. Party...Party...Party...

see more at http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/realworld-season16/cast_qa.jhtml?pid=4696