Monday, February 21, 2005

Floyd and I on the Aisle - Spiderman 2

Floyd and I saw Spiderman 2 over the summer. I my continuing effort to exclusively post old news, here are the best comments made by me, to Floyd, during the film:

"Scotchy scotch scotch" (when Harry Osborne is drinking at his mansion - the guys sitting next to us also laughed at that one)

"I always keep some tritium in this safe" (when he exchanges the tritium for Spiderman)

"You don't understand -- I'm getting tired of saving your life - I've done it, like, 5 times already" (ridiculous scene at the end where MJ thinks it should be her choice to endanger herself with a Spidey relationship)

Best comments by Floyd:

"Nah, I think I'll just take the tritium" (Floyd rightly thought Harry had no bargaining leverage - why would Doc Oc say OK to that deal? Why wouldn't he just beat the **** out of Harry until he gave him some tritium?)

"Why did he just try to kill Peter Parker? That really bothers me." (when the car was thrown at Peter and MJ in the cafe...why would Doc Oc do that? What if he'd killed them? Killing Peter, his only known friend, is not the best way to track down Spidey.)

I liked the movie overall, but like Floyd I was disturbed about some things, things I know I should just let go because it's science fiction. But seriously - why did Doc Oc's robotic arms include a long, retractable, deadly blade? How would that blade help to control a fusion reaction? When you're designing robotic arms to control a fusion reaction, you think, "OK, I need something that is resistant to heat and pressure, noncorrosive, responsive to my brainwaves, has tiny little cameras everywhere, makes animals sounds, and includes a long, shiny dagger."

No comments: