Saturday, February 19, 2005

Object of Jeff's Affection - Jem


Jeff e-mailed the other day about Jem, a female artist he heard on Boston radio. Jeff has serious Girl in a Rock Band Syndrome issues - Fiona was first, then Shannon McNally, and now he's left wondering what to make of the latest voice, Jem. Well, this is what Jem looks like, pal. I have no idea how old she is, and couldn't find that in my research. But you can also look at these photos.

By the way, her music is nice. I own one of her live tracks, and you can download some more here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I'm not sure about this new girl. Can she really top Shannon? Seriously. Everytime I hear her on that CD Dan made, I wanna grab the nearest man and do it. Does she have the pipes to make it onto a make out CD? Yeah. I think you need to think about this.

Heather

dn said...

I don't know about all that, but...

I would think long and hard before I put anything featuring Lisa Hannigan on a make out CD, because if she's on it then Damien Rice is probably on it, and that is playing with fire, my friend. You've got to tame the beast before you let it out of its cage.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong...I still love Shannon...and Fiona. I think the Mormons are on the right track.

And I think "Down and Dirty" could make me grab the nearest man and do it.

Check out Jem's "24." This song rocks me...I've also heard "They" on the radio...I have mixed feelings about that one, but will find myself humming it for days.

I found an account on the web claiming that Jem is late 20's...she must be at least that since she had a cartoon rock band in the 80's.

Talent + beauty = I'm weak.

[-jeff.]