Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hysteria

Andrea Mitchell was in the news today for the Darfur bullshit; as a result, I learned that she's married to Alan Greenspan. She was born in '46. Greenspan is 77 years old. Gross. Chalk one up to the maestro.

* * *

Switching frequencies on the drive home tonight, I paused when I thought I heard Def Leppard's "Rocket". A few moments later I realized my error - it was Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" - and promptly changed the channel. Two things:

1.> Has anyone ever, in earth's history, confused the bridges of those two songs? It's a unique personal event - the first of its kind since last week, when I was the world's only twentysomething male drinking shiraz while winning a game of EA Sports' NCAA Football 2006.

2.> Does my "Oh no, it's NOT Def Leppard" reflex (especially considering my simultaneous rejection of Pink Floyd) disqualify me for anything important, e.g. heaven or planetariums?

No comments: