Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Do You See What I See?

I'm between writing projects at the moment. In the meantime...junk:

I thought I would hate having an infant in the workplace, but it's actually been kind of nice. The baby gets fussy sometimes and cries, but it humanizes the office. A wailing child somehow makes work more enjoyable.

I remember back when this kid was in the womb, the mother was talking to co-workers about her ultrasound. Like Magic Eye art, ultrasound pictures always looked like nonsense to me. The picture was in black and white, and reminded me of a Rorschach test. "I'm having a butterfly!" I thought, and chuckled. Then I realized it isn't that funny. Yet here it is, typed. Huh.

I had to interpret Rorschach tests once - something about my parents' divorce. Maybe I had to have an IQ test before I could choose who to live with? Fuck if I know. It'd be nice to have that experience on video now. I think it would be fun to see how my answers then would compare to now.

What does this look like?

2 comments:

dn said...

More info on the ink blots here:
http://www.toddlertime.com/general/rorschach-test.htm

Floyd said...

Rorschachs are largely considered nonsense by today's leading psychologists, yet they are still administered regularly. Basically, they are up to the psychologist/psychiatrist to interpret however they wish. Not terribly scientific.

And yes, I'm writing this at 4:45 a.m. Go figure.