Sunday, May 22, 2005

Famine Has Never Been This Fun

A few months ago I e-mailed Floyd:
Floyd,

I know you and I have had a longstanding disagreement regarding our comparitive skills as a United Nations aid worker. Here's our chance to settle the score - we'll each play one game and post our scores. Winner gets mucho Honor, loser is Ronin.

The game is at www.food-force.com
Let's have this done by Monday.
I am serious.
His computer froze before he got to complete the game, which makes me the winner. I scored as follows:

Mission 1 - Pilot a helicopter over the famine-ridden country to determine the locations of the hungry - 09608860

Mission 2 - Create a balanced diet for the hungry that also falls within your budget - 05211218

Mission 3 - Push food out of the back of a plane - 05850632

Mission 4 - Buy food from other countries and transport it to the country in need - 09327328

Mission 5 - Drive a convoy full of supplies through the country's warzone:


This was my favorite mission. 07006582

Mission 6 - Sim-Cityesque teaching agriculture, AIDS prevention, and so on to the now slightly less hungry countrymen - 07081628

Total score: 044086248. I have nothing more to say about this game.

2 comments:

Floyd said...

I was able to finish the first 3 missions, and logged my scores.

I scored a perfect 10,000,000 on the first mission, on the first try. Don't ask how, this mission just came naturally to me.

On Mission 2, I scored 9,130, 266, which it appears you were able to defeat nearly half a million points. Kudos.

I repeated Mission 3 several times in an effort to increase my score, but I know that I was breaking the 7 million mark until the game froze. So I take Mission 3.

I hope to have my computer fixed soon, as my computer-savvy friends have told me it sounds like a RAM issue. When fixed, I'll complete Food Force, and then we be able to determine who the better aid worker is.

dn said...

Repeating a mission to increase your score? I thought we agreed that was illegal. You are a scoundrel.