Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hiatus

There is a 40% chance that I'll be leaving for vacation tomorrow. This may be the last post, then, until Monday or Tuesday. As usual, I will try to leave you with something to comment about.

What are the worst songs on otherwise good/great albums?

My votes go to:

"Oh Daddy", Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors"
"Dance Hall", Modest Mouse's "Good News for People Who Love Bad News"
Inside Game's "Royal Trux", The High Fidelity Soundtrack
"The Crunge", Led Zeppelin's "Houses of the Holy"
"Caged Rat", Soul Asylum's "Let Your Dim Light Shine"

Comment away! And this Memorial Day, try not to think about the old version of Private Ryan crying over a grave in Normandy (was that in Normandy?). Ah, fuck it. It's best not to think about it. Go get a sunburn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree with Oh Daddy more. Always skip it and go onto Gold Dust Woman...

Heather

Anonymous said...

The Crunge is the posterboy for terrible songs on great albums.

I also agree with Caged Rat. I haven't heard the other two...but I actually kind of like Oh Daddy. Maybe it's just a matter of following the most bouncing, upbeat song in the world, I Don't Want To Know. In reality, you could probably throw me in a pool of sharks with laser beams attached to their heads and I would be smiling if I had just heard I Don't Want To Know.

[-jeff.]