Saturday, May 14, 2005

Mute Model

Back in January, I e-mailed one of the KU Calendar girls, and she wrote me back. "If you have any more questions, let me know," she said. I had more questions, so I let her know:
Thanks for the reply. And, since you indicated you haven't received anything "too strange", allow me to be the first.

1. Your pictures look great, but some of the scenes were odd. Is there a house that photographers keep in an adequate state of disrepair for photo shoots?

2. The (abandoned?) house and its yard appears to be an excellent place to contract hookworm and/or tetanus, especially if you were barefoot during all or part of the shoot. Now, if this location was north of the Mason/Dixon line, I'm not too concerned about your risk for hookworm; however, tetanus knows no boundaries. I trust you avoided any rusty nails and the resulting health risk.

3. Finally, since Bill Snead was involved -- did his National Geographic credentials ever factor into the shoot? Was it ever like, "I need you to look sad...how about pouty...ok, you've got a large lion behind you and he is mad...you're scared..."

Terribly curious,
dn
After months of waiting, I think it's safe to say Katie is not going to enlighten me on these issues. I really thought we had something - did she think I was insincere? Is it because she knows I like Shannon more?

Goodbye, Katie, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this has to be one of the funniest things i've ever read. Classic. Truly classic.