Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lawrence, Austin City Limits

Remember, Modest Mouse is coming to K.C. in February, and I've already got my tickets. For those of you that plan on attending but have little MM experience, you should have watched The O.C. last week, because they performed. Of course, Seth and the gang didn't pay much (any) attention to the band they were allegedly very exited to see... I hope they play Paper Thin Walls. Good stuff - listened to that track twice today.

So who'd have thought that a few short days before MM, the uber-great Secret Machines would come to town? Let me know if you wanna go - I'm ordering my tickets this weekend, as I love said Secret Machines.

And when I'm not out on the town(s) watching bands in person, I'll be at home watching the upcoming Austin City Limits performances. Flaming Lips and The Shins on the same show?! Modest Mouse, Elvis Costello, The Pixies, Damien Rice, and even The Polyphonic Spree will make appearances. Thank God I still don't have TiVo, lest Fatty has a new Spree concert to dance to in the wee hours.

No comments: