Thursday, January 06, 2005

Vacation Summation Addendum

Two "Forgot to mentions" and one correction:

1. On the flight home I was reading Hornby and a thought popped into my head -- if a lot (I mean a whole lot) of Americans died for some reason, the surviving Americans would be wealthier, due to inheritances and things. As you know, this is not a common thing to consider. I reread the last few Hornby paragraphs to see what could have prompted such an idea; there was nothing in the text remotely related to it. Maybe I've been paying more attention to the tsunami than I thought.

2. The weak New Year's snog brought the total number of ladies I kissed in the past year up to four. Two of those women were severely drunk. One was coming down from a buzz. The fourth had several drinks beforehand. Let's hear it for alcohol's contribution to my 2004 love life! Woot woot! There's a lesson here, kids -- if anyone ever tells you that you don't need alcohol as a social lubricant, they:
haven't made out with me, and
throw shitty parties
3. According to Steph, who should know, I misspelled the name of the epic burger - it should be spelled Jucy Lucy. "Any other spelling is an imposter," she writes. Indeed.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Alcohol did crap for me this past year, except make me vomit twice, piss on the wall at Louise's once, and think it would be a good idea to drag an orange barrel across the KSU campus, until the cop started walking towards me. It's got a lot to make up for in 2005.

dn said...

And let's not forget when a certain someone passed out in Gavin's bathroom!