Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Other Archives - Pete Yawn

The news of Pete Yorn's career's death was greatly exaggerated:
Date: 18Sep01 10:50am

Funny you should mention it. Yeah, I went to Matchbox "Twenty" as they are now officially called with Case. The show resumes this week. Oh, and Train and Pete Yorn were the openers....but here's the real brain buster. Pete Yorn has one song that a small percentage of the crowd are likely to know, "Life on a Chain." So, what does he do? He opens with it...before the crowd is really been let in to Sandstone yet. There was a lot of security crap at the gates so no one was in the place yet. Let me tell you, that guy is going nowhere and he's getting there in a hurry.

-Phil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say what you will about my exaggerations...but that show was sometime in September 2001. Here we are 3 years on and I can't name one other Pete Yorn hit. Then again, that means he had exactly one more hit than I did in 'my' career....hat's off to you Pete Yorn.

-phil

*Did you get that "Lawrence '97" story I sent you?

dn said...

Are we forgetting a little ditty called "Strange Condition", which I still say is far less superior than "Life on a Chain" AND "Murray", which you've probably never heard unless you watched the closing credits to "Igby Goes Down"?

Anonymous said...

Or Just Another? Long Way Down? On Your Side? All this talk about Pete has just made me realize how much I like him. Why have I neglected him from my music listening experiences?

Heather