Monday, March 07, 2005

Saddest Things

(A list of things that disproportionally affected me, given the fact that I have no real personal connection to each thing.)

PART 1: READ

Paul McCartney's official statement regarding the death of his wife, Linda:
Finally, I said to her: "You're up on your beautiful Appaloosa stallion. It's a fine spring day. We're riding through the woods. The bluebells are all out, and the sky is clear blue."

I had barely got to the end of the sentence, when she closed her eyes, and gently slipped away.
PART 2: SAW

A Nightline story covering a memorial service in Columbine, Colorado.

PART 3: HEARD

Songs probably shouldn't count, but seeing as how it's the inspiration for this post, Arcade Fire's "In the Backseat" gets the nod. Word is that the band experienced several family deaths while recording the album this song is featured on, Funeral. I won't post the entire lyrics, just this couplet:
My family tree's / losing all its leaves
So, upon review of my 3 items, it appears as though death makes me sad. What a revelation. What introspection. What a waste. Still, it fulfills my weblog responsibilities for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made me cry. Either it's sad or I'm PMSing. It's your call.

Heather